Here it is, the final piece of art that I made for our baby’s room. It is made similarly to the two described in my last post, however I used paper backed fusible web for each of the individual pattern pieces and ironed them on before stitching around each piece. This cut down on a lot of the shifting as I sewed around each piece and eliminated and bumping of the fabric pieces.
The crib and dresser were delivered by our families this past weekend and we’re busy organizing the room with all of the goodies from our baby shower. A number of the gifts were handmade (I plan to describe these on a future post) and a few of which will be proudly displayed and used in the nursery itself. I cannot wait to get the surfaces of the nursery cleared off so that we can choose appropriate locations for all of these special decorations for the baby’s room.